Operator (Sint Maarten)
Who are we?
Windward Roads B.V. is an all-round contractor in infrastructural, civil, construction and hydraulic engineering works. We are of the Janssen de Jong Caribbean companies on the windward island, Sint Maarten. We have been active in the market for many years and have therefore been able to build a stable reputation.
The company offers an extensive range of machinery to handle any kind of project. Since 1986, the company has grown to more than 130 employees and is active on the islands: Sint Maarten, Saba, Sint Eustatius and Anguilla.
We are looking for someone who will join our team that either lives on Sint Maarten already, or who wants to settle in Sint Maarten for a longer period of time. It is a diverse function, in particular, assisting on project sites with a focus on time, quality and team work.
In this function, the operator reports to the supervisor, foreman or Chef Workshop.
- Execution of the work and production instructed by the supervisor independently.
- Responsible for the maximum production of the machine.
- Responsible for the safety around the machine during activities.
- Responsible for transport while on the road and safety of others.
- Responsible for the timely maintenance of the machine.
- Handing over operator’s weekly reports from the executed works to the supervisor.
- Delivering of machine hours.
- Pointing out problems with the machine in a timely manner and reporting it to the supervisor or project manager.
- Following up on repairs and service to any company machine that you may operate on any given work week.
- Ensuring a proper delivery to the workshop every day (i.e. full of diesel, clean, etc.).
- Willingness to do other tasks when there is no work for the machine.
- Professional Intergrity
- Result Oriented
- Following instruction
- Thinking ahead/ Risk-conscious
- Team worker
- Good communication skills.
- Experience: At leaves five years or more as an operator.
- Knowledge of Hitachi machine, preferably certified.
- Knowledge of machine maintenance, preferably certified.
- Willingness to execute other tasks when there is no work for the machine.
- Good speaking and writing skills of English.
What do we offer?
- A diverse function.
- A position to grow into through the right guidance, but also the opportunity to follow courses to help strengthen your operational skill and your personal skills.
- An informal, open and collegial working atmosphere.
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions.
Send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application with an extensive curriculum vitae.