Head of Technical Department
(responsible for workshop & equipment)
Windward Roads is established on Sint Maarten, Dutch Caribbean and is part of Janssen de Jong Caribbean.
The company is an all-round contractor in infrastructural and civil works.
With about 60 employees and a wide range of equipment and machinery, a variety of projects from large to small are being realized. The company also has its own asphalt plant.
Windward Roads was founded in 1986, and since it has realized various projects ranging from airports, harbour and marine works, large and small scale infrastructural projects, bridges, asphalt works to equipment rental.
From the company on Sint Maarten support and assistance is being provided to the sister companies on Saba, St. Eustatius and Anguilla.
The necessary resources are not always available on the islands, the correct approach and coordination in the realization of projects is therefore of essence.
We are looking for someone that will strengthen our team and is willing to reside on Sint Maarten for a longer period of time.
The position is an all-round position which is not suitable for everyone. The function entails a variety of tasks ranging from organization, logistics, procurement, technical maintenance, monitoring as well as coaching.
Above mentioned aspects in combination with the conditions and customs on the islands are not to be compared to similar positions abroad.
Head of the Technical Department is responsible for all technical, organizational, financial and qualitative aspects pertaining to the equipment in the broadest sense.
He gives leadership to the mechanics, stock keeper, administrative and workshop personnel and operators.
His responsibility covers all aspects regarding the equipment, with the aim to achieve continuity and optimal use of the equipment. The head of the technical department falls under the operations manager.
- In a structural manner, manage and organize the works related to the maintenance, services, planning, procurement of parts and the execution of the services and repairs in accordance with the related guidelines;
- Taking care for the distribution of the equipment and registration thereof and providing the required instructions;
- Give technical advice and support to the workshop personnel;
- Identify and analyze any possible issues;
- Equipment scheduling in close cooperation with the execution department to achieve an optimal use of available equipment and personnel;
- Implementing and/ or strengthening the awareness of preventive maintenance and correct use of the equipment;
- Giving leadership to and coaching of workshop personnel and operators;
- Ensure the implementation of the company targets;
- Manage equipment documentation such as user manuals, parts books etc.;
- Establishing and implementing improvement procedures related to the equipment;
- Coordination and handling of incoming sea- and air freight;
- Keeping and attending periodic workshop meetings;
- Monitoring and safeguarding quality and safety;
- Ensure preventive maintenance of equipment and facilities and supervise the proper use thereof;
- Create budgets and multi-annual plans with regards to the equipment;
- Process, track and monitor the technical department administration;
- Ensuring a representative appearance of the equipment, workshop and terrains;
- Periodical reporting to the operations manager.
Who are we looking for?
Of the Head of the Technical Department, we expect:
- A relevant bachelor degree or equivalent (BA thinking and working level);
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar managerial position;
- Broad experience in the technical maintenance and management of heavy and small equipment;
- Good communication skills in a multicultural environment;
- Hands-on mentality and a result oriented approach;
- Strong organizational and forward thinking ability;
- Ability to improvise, cost-conscious and no 9 to 5 mentality;
- Strong level of independence, resilience and responsibility;
- Ability to relativize, problem-solving and a customer-oriented approach (both internally and externally);
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (word, excel), (knowledge of Bobv5, Metacom maintenance and administrative system is a plus).
What do we offer?
- A varied and challenging position;
- High degree of independence;
- An informal, open and pleasant working environment;
- Excellent primary and secondary benefits.
For additional information please contact our Human Resource Department, Ms. S. Zorrilla by phone number +1-(721)-5427520. We kindly request you to send your application letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org